Mr Addison treats the full range of Medical Retina and Uveitis conditions. For further information on the common conditions which he treats, please click on the links opposite. A comprehensive list of the range of conditions Mr Addison treats includes patients with:
- macular degeneration, inlcuding age-related macular degeneration, myopic macular degeneration, idiopathic polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy and retinal angiomatous proliferation.
- retinal vascular disorders inlcuding diabetic retinopathy and maculopathy, retinal vein occlusions, macular telangiectasiae
- choroidal neovascular membranes associated with macular degenerations, macular telangiectasiae, central serous retinopathy, angioid streaks and previous trauma.
- inflammatory choroidal neovascular membranes including those secondary to punctate inner choroidopathy, presumed ocular histoplasmosis syndrome and sarcoidosis.
- macular disorders including diabetic macular oedema, central serous retinopathy, vitreomacular traction, pseudophakic cystoid macular oedema and macular dystrophies.
- uveitis including anterior, intermediate and posterior uveitis.
- ocular sarcoidosis, ocular TB, Behcet's disease and uveitis secondary to other systemic diseases.
- retinitis, neuroretinitis and choroiditis secondary to infectious causes such as toxoplasmosis and viruses
- birdshot chorioretinitis and serpiginous choroiditis,
- inherited retinal diseases including retinitis pigmentosa
- cataract surgery in patients with retinal diseases including high myopia, previous vitrectomy, diabetic maculopathy, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, retinal vein occlusion
- cataract surgery in patients with uveitis
For more information on the disorders listed above please see the following patient information leaflets:
The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Moorfields Eye Hospital (NHS)